Effective as of October 14, 2021
When accessing or using the Services, you agree to be bound by the terms described below and all other terms, policies and guidelines incorporated by reference ("Terms"). Your ability to receive these Terms electronically is also a condition of your use of our Services (as defined below). If you do not agree to all these Terms, please, do not access or use our Services.
This Policy explains how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed by Blip with respect to your use of the Services, and how we protect your information. Your access to and use of the Services indicates your consent to the practices described in this Policy, even after you no longer access or use the Services.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should refer to the Contact Us section at the end of this Policy. Although we may provide this Policy to you through other means, your access to the Services reflects your agreement to receive the Policy through our API and Website.
In this Policy, we refer to "vendors" and "third parties." A "vendor" is any person or business that helps us perform the Services through, and operate, the Blip API, as well as, maintain its supporting infrastructure. A "third party" is any person or business other than Blip, its affiliates or a vendor. THIS POLICY DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY OR INFORMATION PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTY. The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Please do not use the Blip API, Website or Services, if you are less than 18 years old.
Information Collected About You
We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Services, including ("Personal Information") (information that can be used to identify you as an individual). Personal Information does not include information that is anonymous, aggregated, or can no longer be used to identify you as an individual. The types of Personal Information we collect may vary depending on your use of the Services. We may also collect Personal Information about you through applications or other forms, transactions with us and our vendors, from other third parties, including identification verification providers and through your use of the Services, including through cookies that can help identify you. When you install or use an application which consumes the Blip API on your mobile device, your use of such application may create a data store of application preferences, which may also contain certain Personal Information which may be collected by us.
Finally, some information is automatically collected when you use the Services, including:
- Log Information. We may collect information about your use of the Services, including your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before navigating to the Services. This data helps us understand what is interesting and relevant to users of the Services so that we can best tailor our content.
- Device Information. When you access the Blip API from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use, your device's unique ID and the type of mobile Internet browser(s) you use. We may use this information to, among other things, administer the Services, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Web Beacons or Tracking Pixels. We may also collect information using "Web beacons" (also known as tracking pixels). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We may use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Additionally, we may modify and combine Personal Information in a manner that does not personally identify you or any other individual and thus, no longer constitutes "Personal Information". We may use this non-Personal Information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and usage information, for any lawful purpose.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you in connection with the Services. For example, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the Services;
- Send you information related to the Services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your questions or suggestions and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services; Verify your identity;
- Tailor content, advertisements, and offers we provide you;
- Operate sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, a "Promotion"). We typically ask you for certain Personal Information when you enter and if you win a Promotion. You should carefully review the rules of each Promotion in which you participate through the Website, because, to the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules apply; Communicate with you about upcoming events and other new products and services offered by Blip and select partners; and
- Link or combine with other Personal Information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
The Services are governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and are intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States. If you use the Services, or otherwise provide us with data, from outside the United States, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be transmitted outside your resident jurisdiction. In particular, please note that your Personal Information may be stored and processed in the United States. The laws pertaining to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of Personal Information in the United States may be more or less stringent than the laws of other countries. By using the Services, you (a) acknowledge that the Services are subject to the laws of the United States; (b) consent to your Personal Information being stored and processed in the United States and handled as described in this Policy; and (c) waive any claims that may arise under the laws of the country where you reside, are a citizen, and/or from where you access the Services.
We may also share your information as disclosed at the time you provide your information, as set forth in this
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a Biller, and to confirm your authority to use a bank account or credit card;
- In order to comply with applicable law, government agency requirements or court orders; To the extent necessary to enforce this Policy or Blip’s Developer Policy & Terms;
- With vendors (e.g. consultants and other service providers) who are working on our behalf on the Blip API and supporting infrastructure and need access to your Personal Information to carry out their work for us;
- With vendors who provide administrative services on our behalf, including but not limited to data analysis, anti-money laundering, anti-fraud and payment acceptance and fulfillment. We reserve the right to share Personal Information about you with such vendors for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide their services but only to the extent necessary to support our Services, or as necessary to ensure compliance with law, this Policy and Blip’s Developer Policy & Terms;
- Between and among Blip and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- To: (i) protect the rights and property of Blip, our agents, customers, and others, including to enforce our agreements, policies and Developer Policy & Terms or (ii) in an emergency to protect the safety of Blip, its customers or any person;
- In connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- In connection with Promotions, with third party sponsors of such Promotions in accordance with the rules applicable to each Promotion. You should carefully review these additional rules, as they may contain important information about a sponsor’s or other third parties’ use of Personal Information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of Personal Information conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules control; and
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, auditing, and legal compliance. If another entity acquires us or our assets, or assets related to the Services, Personal Information and any other information that we have collected about the users of the Services may be disclosed to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
If you leave a comment on a blog, provide a testimonial on this site, report bugs or fixes, provide feature requests, or other feedback and suggestions to Blip ("Feedback") you should be aware that any Personal Information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Blip may use the Feedback without any compensation, notice or attribution to you and will own all intellectual property rights in such Feedback. If we choose to use your name for a testimonial, we will secure your consent. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums. If you want to remove your Personal Information that is being displayed on our Website or API under public pages, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The API and Website contain links to third party websites. These linked websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents or links within any such linked website. We provide links for your convenience and not as an endorsement. If you provide any Personal Information through any other website, your transaction will occur on such website under its policies and terms.
Advertising and How to Opt Out
If you would like to opt out of the cookies set by third party advertisers, you may opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt-Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out), you will still see advertisements while you're browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Notice of Changes
We reserve the right to revise this Policy at any time. If we make changes, we will notify you as required by law. We will also post the current version of the Policy in the API and on our Website. We encourage you to review our Policy periodically, noting the last revision date. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you by email or text message, or by means of a notice on our home page or in the API, as applicable. Although we may provide this Policy to you through other means, your access to the Services reflects your agreement to receive the Policy through our API or Website.
If you have any questions about this Policy, you can contact us any time at email@example.com.